So my review for Homefront for the PC, overall not a disappointment...
- Overall a great thrilling campaign, but sort of the usual. Unlike Call of Duty, this game is not really run and gun, atleast for the campaign. Great storyline and if you are that kind of gamer who loves a good story...then buy a copy and indulge in it.
- The campaign is so God-damn short! Took me at least 2 hours and 30 minutes. Another downside is the orders. There is no sense of going Rambo, it's always stick with your team. The graphics aren't that great either, a lot of clipping and few dead body glitches here and there.
- It's where CoD multiplayer meets Battlefield multiplayer. Teamwork is somewhat emphasized in game and the vehicles are pretty balanced (after about 45 minutes of playing). The starting weapons are also decent and I enjoy the use of a money system to purchase weapons. I also enjoy the AI commander because it reminds me of Battlefield 2.
- There is a limited amount of game types. Hopefully, they will add more in a DLC or something. I was starting to feel bored just playing multiplayer, that's why I'm here writing this blog. Again, graphics are not the best and the grenade throwing animation seems to be off. The sniper class is way overpowered. If there was a beta or demo, they could've solved these problems.
- A great, diverse group of supporting characters. I enjoyed the weapon choice but reminded sort of MW2. Good sounds and music that one could fight to.
- Voice acting isn't all that great, seems kind of off with the characters. The Korean's commander voice is somewhat like a Japanese man's, mainly due to the accent. Also the AI is not too smart. Occasionally, they would not run from a thrown grenade or retreat.
MY OVERALL GAME SCORE
8/10, the short campaign and slightly boring multiplayer really kept this score pretty low. I hoped for something better, but this satisfies. Definitely a must get for those who enjoy twists and a good plot.