|Magazine Size||30 round STANAG|
|Rate of Fire||625 Rounds/Minute|
|Range||550 Yards (500 Meters)|
|Fire Mode||3-Round Burst|
|Used by||United States Armed Forces, Korean People's Army|
The FN-Herstal SCAR-L is a Belgian made assault rifle featured in Homefront. It fires the standard 5.56x45mm NATO round. Not to be confused with the SCAR-H LMG, the Light Machine-gun variant. It is mostly used by the United States Navy Seals.
The name SCAR is the acronym of Special Operations Forces (SOF) Combat Assault Rifle and designation for the Mk 16 Mod 0. Made for the United States Special Operations Command. It first saw service in 2009, and is currently seeing use in the US SOCOM.
A lightweight, modular rifle developed to meet the needs of SOCOM. It features a burst fire mode that delivers three rounds for each trigger pull.
The SCAR-L is a three round burst fire weapon. It can be found being used by KPA, however it is not very common.
The SCAR-L is unlocked at level 14 but can be unlocked on level 1 with Game's (Britain)/GameStop's (America) Resistance pack which requires a pre-order of Homefront. It has a high damage, slow rate of fire, high accuracy, long range, low reload speed and a high ammo count. It is unlocked at level 14 without the Resistance pack. As it fires a three-round burst, it is less popular than the M4 or ACR. However, the burst fire of the SCAR-L makes it fairly accurate. It's main drawback is the rate of fire. It is extremely low compared to the other assault rifles, due to its three-round burst fire mode. Because of this, it can be quite difficult for the player to use as if the player misses the first burst, the enemy can quickly kill the player before the player manages to fire off another burst. Thus, with the SCAR-L, the player has to be very accurate. Because of arguabily decent iron sights, other attatchments may serve you better. It also takes awhile for the player to be able to fire another burst, due to the capped rate of fire. Due to the overall difficulty to use, it is not very common in online play.
- The SCAR-L (Mk-16) was developed along with the SCAR-H (Mk-17) for the US SOCOM SCAR trials by Belgian weapon manufacturer FN Herstal.
- The US Mk-16 rifle purchase was canceled in mid 2010 over a limited budget while Mk-17 coversion kits were supplemented.
- The SCAR-L in game fires three round bursts while in real life it does not have that firemode.
- The SCAR-L is missing its charging handle on the left side. This is also true with the SCAR-H LMG.
- The charging handle, known for being able to change sides, is probably on the right side of the gun instead.