|Affiliations||Greater Korean Republic|
|Birth||January 8th, 1983 or 1984 (age 43/44 in 2027)|
|Family||Kim Jong-il (Father)|
- "The plan to reunite our nation will reunite Korean families, industry, and economies."
- — Jong-un giving a speech during a press conference.
- "Our countrymen are under attack on the island nation of Japan. Because of their Korean heritage we have seen their property destroyed and their persons assaulted, and in some cases they have been murdered. Simply because they are Korean. My message to them is simple: we will protect you. If we cannot protect you, we will avenge you."
- — Jong-un to the Korean nation on state television
- "My fellow citizens, the dangers to our country and the world will be overcome. We will pass through this time of peril and carry on the work of peace. We will defend our freedom. We will bring freedom to others. And we will prevail."
- — Jong-un in his weekly press radio to Koreans.
Kim Jong-un (Korean: 김정은) is the leader of the Greater Korean Republic and the main antagonist of the Homefront franchise. He is the third and youngest son of Kim Jong-il. Jong-un came into power after his father died in 2012 and reunited the two Koreas to form the Greater Korean Republic.
Korean Unification and ExpansionEdit
After inheriting power from his father Kim Jong-il, Kim Jong-Un surprised the international community in bringing North Korea into the world stage, ending his father's policies, and announced his desire to bring peace and reunite the two Koreas. After 2 years, Jong-un succeeded in dismantling the Demilitarized Zone and peacefully united the two Koreas under the name of the Greater Korean Republic, his efforts gaining him the Nobel Peace Prize. But in reality, Jong-un was an actually ruthless, but more meticulous planner than his father, and saw to continuing his country's traditional practices of censorship, oppression, and religious and political persecution whilst simultaneously maintaining the facade of a democratic Korea. At the same time, he personally oversaw the modernizing of the Korean People's Army, which, as annexation of other nations continued, grew into the largest military force in the world, numbering 25,000,000 strong by the events of Homefront. This newly acquired power was first demonstrated in a show of force against Japan, which joined the Greater Korean Republic rather than face complete destruction.
Soon afterwards, the GKR began annexing many East Asian countries including Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Brunei, and Singapore, with Malaysia joining voluntarily. Eventually, Jong-un set his sights upon America, and after using a satellite-based EMP strike to destroy the American Electrical Grid, the KPA launched an invasion against the west coast of the United States, eventually reaching its furthest point at the Mississippi River.
Jong-un continued to implement his strategy of total annexation whilst simultaneously continuing broadcasts meant to gain the trust of the people of occupied America.
Following the events of Homefront, it is possible that Jong-un's goal of American annexation ultimately failed, as the European Union has convened to plan support for the beleaguered United States.
- "Greetings foreign comrades, citizens of the new America."
- "For the last two years, you have known sacrifice, and you have known loss. But, surely as dawn follows night, a brilliant sun now shines across the world."
- "It is the light of prosperity and progress.... the burning torch of peace."
- In reality, Jong-un became the leader of North Korea on December 18th, 2011 after his father's death.
- In the Japanese version of Homefront Kim Jong-un is renamed as the "Northern Leader."
- In the early trailers of Homefront, Jong-un was portrayed very differently, since the real life Jong-un did not have an official picture yet. But when Jong-un was finally officially revealed in the media, his actor had to be replaced in the more recent trailers.
- He was educated in Switzerland and is reported to enjoy playing basketball and idolized Michael Jordan.