The wiki about Homefront that anyone can edit.
Homefront is a first-person shooter video game series developed by Kaos Studios and published by THQ, and by Deep Silver Dambuster and Deep Silver. The first game was released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows on March 15, 2011, the second is planned for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC for 2016.
Homefront is set in a near future America in the late 2020s when a now-nuclear armed Korean People's Army invades the USA, defeating the United States military early on, toppling it from the superpower status it once held. The series takes place after the initial defeat of the United States. The first game is from the perspective of Robert Jacobs, a former Marine Corps pilot living in Montrose, and the second is from the perspective of Ethan Brady, a civilian in Philadelphia trying to start a revolution.
The PWS Diablo SMG is a very compact assault rifle (classed in game as a submachine gun) featured in Homefront. It is used by the American Resistance, United States Armed Forces, Survivalists, and Korean People's Army. It fires 5.56x45mm NATO at a rate of 750-900 rounds per minute. It has a similar design to the M4, but is lighter and shorter. Its vertical foregrip makes it the perfect tool for close-quarters combat
Did you know...
- ...That Kim Jong-il died from a sudden, fatal stroke?
- ...That according to the novel "Homefront: The Voice of Freedom", Hopper Lee has won DARPA awards for his work before the Invasion?
- ...the WZ in the Z-10's (WZ-10) name stands for Wuzhuang Zhishengji which translates to "Armed Helicopter"?
User of the Month
Vote for September's User of The Month from the 19th onwards here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Homefront Wiki!
An improvement drive article:
Please improve this article in any way you can.Vote for another improvement drive article here.
Homefront The Revolution has been announced.
The game is being developed by Crytek UK and published by Deep Silver. Homefront the Revolution will be available in 2015 for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The gameplay reveal will be at E3 2014 next week.
Homefront the Revolution is an open world F…Read more >
In mid December THQ filed for bankruptcy. THQ's assets have since been auctioned off. What does that mean for the Homefront series and Homefront 2? Crytek, the developers of the Crysis series, made the winning bid of $544,218 for the Homefront IP. The sale in still pending approval by the U.S. Bank…Read more >
THQ announced, on February 22 2012, that a Homefront Ultimate Edition will be released on March 23 (still plenty of time to pre-order). This edition will only be available in Europe. It has a suggested retail price of £19.99/€24.99. It will include all of the previously release DLC (The Rock, Fire …Read more >
- Help Desk - Frequently asked questions
- Internet Relay Chat - Real-time discussion and conversation
- Manual of Style - Editing guidelines
- Policies - Rules of the wiki
- War Room - Community discussion
- Improvement drive - The Improvement drive
- User of the Month - The User of the Month
- Affiliates and Friends - Affiliates and friends of the Wiki