The wiki about Homefront that anyone can edit.
Homefront is a first-person shooter video game developed by Kaos Studios and published by THQ. It was released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows on March 15, 2011.
Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a now-nuclear armed Korean People's Army invades the USA, defeating the United States military early on, toppling it from the superpower status it once held. The game takes place after the initial defeat of the United States, and is from the perspective of Robert Jacobs, a pilot in the American Resistance. The game is written by John Milius who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. Much of the gameplay is set in Montrose, Colorado.
The PWS Diablo SMG is a very compact assault rifle (classed in game as a submachine gun) featured in Homefront. It is used by the American Resistance, United States Armed Forces, Survivalists, and Korean People's Army. It fires 5.56x45mm NATO at a rate of 750-900 rounds per minute. It has a similar design to the M4, but is lighter and shorter. Its vertical foregrip makes it the perfect tool for close-quarters combat
Did you know...
- ...In the game, the Z-10 is called the Z-10 in the game yet it is known as the WZ-10 in real life?
- ...That Robert Jacobs has fallen off of five things and lived?
- ...That the T3AK rifle in real life is the QBZ-03
- ...That the events of Homefront take place in 2027?
- ...That in 2017, the EMP grenade was developed?
User of the Month
Vote for September's User of The Month from the 19th onwards here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Homefront Wiki!
An improvement drive article:
Please improve this article in any way you can.Vote for another improvement drive article here.
Featured videoHomefront - Official Launch Trailer(01:35)
In mid December THQ filed for bankruptcy. THQ's assets have since been auctioned off. What does that mean for the Homefront series and Homefront 2? Crytek, the developers of the Crysis series, made the winning bid of $544,218 for the Homefront IP. The sale in still pending approval by the U.S. Bank…Read more >
THQ announced, on February 22 2012, that a Homefront Ultimate Edition will be released on March 23 (still plenty of time to pre-order). This edition will only be available in Europe. It has a suggested retail price of £19.99/€24.99. It will include all of the previously release DLC (The Rock, Fire …Read more >
THQ has announced that the next, currently unnamed, title in the Homefront series will be developed by Crytek UK with an expected release date in 2014. The game will use the "latest CryEngine technology" and will be released for PC and consoles. Due to the 2014 release date the game could be releas…Read more >
- Help Desk - Frequently asked questions
- Internet Relay Chat - Real-time discussion and conversation
- Manual of Style - Editing guidelines
- Policies - Rules of the wiki
- War Room - Community discussion
- Improvement drive - The Improvement drive
- User of the Month - The User of the Month
- Affiliates and Friends - Affiliates and friends of the Wiki